Author Topic: OLD PHOTOS  (Read 12932 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Florida FLL, USVI STT, VIBC YWH
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: OLD PHOTOS
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 01:52:28 pm »
and my dear Richard,
these 'old' customs....so heart tugging...

And, my dear, Cheng ...

I expected you to ask about the two German advisors in the last picture ... ;)

Here's a close up:

Richard

• Administrator
    • Garden Wargaming
'Old Photos"
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:38 pm »
And, for you, Michael (my fellow Victorian enthusiast) ...

Some "newer" photos of:
"The Arabs, Dervishes and Egyptians"

henry_martini

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 01:54:12 am »
were the germans directly involved? the turko-egyptian army was equipped with krupp guns, so there was some instruction to be given. also some parts of egyptian uniforms look prussian. can you tell us something about them?

the more often i see the your dervishes the more i like your idea of using the old female torso. it is a part that i would have seen as one of the least usable for our purposes. :D. maybe it should be used for chengs boxers too.   ;)

i would also like to see more of the group with the photographer in the forest on the left edge of arab2.jpg. people from india?

@ geobra: Thanks a lot!!! :-)

cheng

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 02:26:08 am »
......i like your idea of using the old female torso. it is a part that i would have seen as one of the least usable for our purposes. :D. maybe it should be used for chengs boxers too.   ;)

spot on Michael  ;)
i'm slowly trying to accept fixing female arms on male klickies  :P
and here you are suggeting i use female torsos for my boxers  ;D
yes...i dont mean to just showcase my customs...i always look forward to ideas for improvement from great customisers like yourself  :D
fantastic idea, Michael & Richard....i must in future consider the 'old' female torsos as an option(they are of no use and i swopped them with the fat torsos from my knights' theme..so for now, they hide behind 'fat' breast plates....to become useful again someday thansk to your revelation  :)

and Richard, i actually wished all of your these pictures were taken with today's camera....thats why i asked if they are still intact (short of asking/suggesting that new pics be taken again someday...each theme deserves a new thread on it own)

yes, read my mind again...many unasked questions eg "german officers....both same torso? not the same as the older calvary torsos with just 2 row of yellow buttons? the other non-picklehaube cap is oiriginal right? or made by cutting off the shades from a police cap?...too many questions....didint want to drag this thread

just carry on Richard! and thanks  ;)   

Richard

• Administrator
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 02:40:39 pm »
Today (13 April 2007) is GardenWargaming's NINTH Anniversary. It's hard to believe NINE years have gone by so fast!

So, for our Anniversary, we decided to give everyone a look at something "old" ... ;)

This is for anyone who enjoys poking around in attics and storage rooms full of Playmobil ... ;)

Click on the links below to take a peek at our crowded old storage room before we moved:

LINK ONE
LINK TWO
LINK THREE
LINK FOUR
LINK FIVE
LINK SIX
LINK SEVEN
LINK EIGHT
LINK NINE
LINK TEN
LINK ELEVEN
LINK TWELVE
LINK THIRTEEN
LINK FOURTEEN
LINK FIFTEEN

And, for those of you who have never seen the "OLD" Playmoroom (or for those of you who would like to see it again) Click HERE

All the best and have fun,
Richard

work

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 06:46:25 pm »
Congratulations Richard, you are a teacher for all the collectors of playmobil of the world

It is necessary to prepare the next anniversary, one decade¡¡¡¡ :)

henry_martini

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 03:28:57 pm »
So, for our Anniversary, we decided to give everyone a look at something "old" ... ;)

This is for anyone who enjoys poking around in attics and storage rooms full of Playmobil ... ;)

the early bird catches the worm. 

i am especially envious of 5508 on picture 9.  ;D

and what is playmopeople? are there also soldiers? i could imagine to customize the figure into a large dervish using your ideas.

thank you for the insight.
@ geobra: Thanks a lot!!! :-)

Flash

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 04:26:35 pm »
thanx for the links and pictures richard! simply magnificent!  :o
I left my love a letter in the hollar of a tree.
I told her she would find me in the U.S. Cavalry.
High, yo, down they go, there's no such word as can't.
We'll ride clean down to hell and back for Ulysses Simpson Grant.