Author Topic: Sites/places to buy Western Soldier/assessories?  (Read 2166 times)

spiked_spiegel

Sites/places to buy Western Soldier/assessories?
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:51:54 pm »
After collecting Civil War klickies a year ago my son finally found them and we have set up Fort Glory and Fort Eagle (I had no idea how shabby system X was at staying together).  Anyway after doing a count the poor Confederacy is out numbered 42 to 16 (almost 3 to 1), and many of the soldiers I do have are missing cufflinks, collars, scarves etc.  I was wondering how to go about acquiring more Confederate Soldiers and also just buying accessories to complete current soldiers?  In the past I have found eBay, both in the US/Canada and also UK/Germany is a good way to acquire soldiers. But for the accessories I find ebay.de is the only place and to me it seems overpriced.  Are there any other sites more devoted to just accessories?  I have also used local online classifieds in the past too (kijiji). 
Any help would be most appreciated.

henry_martini

Re: Sites/places to buy Western Soldier/assessories?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Western&sortby=&focus=&pics=on
there you can find out the part numbers examining the single sets, these parts numbers are referred to as ETNs, there are ways to search, e.g. for keywords like 'red cuff'

http://www.playmobil.ca/on/demandware.store/Sites-CA-Site
or
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site
there you can order parts providing them with your ETN list. Parts are normally stocked until about 5 years after a set was discontinued but many parts are used in other later (even not western sets, e.g. cuffs), too. You can get int contact with the DS of your country via email or telephone.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:27:14 pm by henry_martini »
@ geobra: Thanks a lot!!! :-)

spiked_spiegel

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »
I sent an email with the accessories needed.  (about 40 yellow cuffs to name a few).  I made sure to not add anything which would be older than 5 years as well.  Thanks for the help. 

henry_martini

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:45:42 pm »
I made sure to not add anything which would be older than 5 years as well. 

You can include any part into your list. If it is not available they just will not sent it. Many parts have been used  again in later sets, too. So they are often still available although esp. the western set is long discontinued.  Some parts are at times not available but reappear a few weeks later. If you only included standard parts like yellow cuffs probably all will be sent.

Good luck and have fun with your purchase  :D
H_M   
@ geobra: Thanks a lot!!! :-)