Author Topic: WarriorOfToys  (Read 5105 times)

WarriorOfToys

• Come check out my Playmobil movies!
WarriorOfToys
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:55:45 pm »
Hello everyone at GardenWargamming!!!
I am soo glad to be here!
I have been following posts for a long time here, but only now have decided to actually join!!! ::)

I am a huge fan of Playmobil, and have been ever since my first box when I was just a lad...
I don't know the name of the set, but I still have one of the people from it and he rules over all my other playmos. :)
Since that first box I have been hooked and have been asking for playmobil always.
After I got my first castle (number 3667) I focused my attention towards the Knight theme and slowly built up a formidable army. ;)
I never lost interest in Playmobil, but there were "dry spells" where I moved on to other things.
However, after stumbling upon PlaymoFriends, GardenWargamming, and collectobil, my intrest in playmobil was rekindled
and I really wanted to learn how to make these cool looking customs.
So after more research online I found a youtube video explaining it and quickly tested it out with my first custom!
Now I wish to show everyone else my customs, and help out where I can.

From your newest member,
Warrior Of Toys
-Warrior Of Toys

Justindo

Re: WarriorOfToys
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:34:58 am »
Welcome Warrior of Toys!  You'll meet lots of medieval fans on this site, myself included.  Playmobil has some interesting new medieval sets coming up that you should check out.

WarriorOfToys

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:33:45 pm »
I did! And I am already itching for those great looking knights!!!  :D
I am glad that here are others who love the medeival theme here...
I thought it was all Napoleonics!  ;D
I hope to post some pictres of my collection soon, especially my Richard the LionHeart Custom!
-Warrior Of Toys

Justindo

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »
I and many others would be very interested in seeing your collection and your customs. :)

There is a great variety of interests here on Garden Wargaming, from the Ancient Egyptians to the Great War.  I personally collect Ancients (Romans and Egyptians), Medievals (Knights and Vikings), Pirates, and the American West, but I'm interested in all periods.

WarriorOfToys

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 06:16:18 pm »
I like the Romans too!
My sister has some egyptians, but they are no match for the might of Rome! >:)  :D
I was a little late collecting the vikings...
Missed them by that much! :P :D
-Warrior Of Toys

Justindo

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:50:17 am »
I can imagine how you feel about the Vikings, as I almost missed them myself!  I took a break from Playmobil from my early teens until my late twenties (I guess I was busy with other stuff ;)) and it was the Viking ship that brought me back.  I quickly bought up the last of the Viking sets and am glad I did.  (It's too bad the Vikings were only around for a few years.)  From there it was the Romans (probably my favorite theme) and most recently the Egyptians, along with some forays into a few Knight, Pirate, and Western sets via ebay and some Add-On purchases.  I really like the Egyptians, but as you write, they are clearly no match for the might of Rome. :)

WarriorOfToys

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 03:00:20 am »
The Egyptians might make a match for my Romans as they have a war elephant!
But there are only 4 of them, and twenty leigonaires (not including commanders like my centurion).
So for now my sister's Egyptians are auxilaries for my roman army... that is untill she gets more!
-Warrior Of Toys

Justindo

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:55 pm »
The Egyptians would make good auxiliaries for the Romans.

Richard

• Administrator
  • Florida FLL, USVI STT, VIBC YWH
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 02:43:29 am »

Hello, WoT ...

Have enjoyed visiting with you at Playmofriends and look forward to visiting with you here at GW-PC.

All the best,
Richard

MalteseKnight

• Pirate of the Mediterranean
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:01 am »
The Egyptians might make a match for my Romans as they have a war elephant!
But there are only 4 of them, and twenty leigonaires (not including commanders like my centurion).
So for now my sister's Egyptians are auxilaries for my roman army... that is untill she gets more!

I got some more Egyptians for you, if you want (how many? 16?). I'll trade you for (knight) helmets/weapons/capes or pirate stuff (guns/hats/barrels/etc) or something else?

WarriorOfToys

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »
Thank you Richard!

Maltese Knight,
I do not have to much to offer back, but I do have a few items I am willing to trade for some of your egyptians.
I will send you a personal message with more details.
Thank you!
-Warrior Of Toys

MalteseKnight

• Pirate of the Mediterranean
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 10:19:47 pm »
Ok, so I'll send you a bunch - make sure you show all people on the board how they will do against those nasty Romans of yours  :D