Author Topic: Troublesome Sets.  (Read 3787 times)

Andy R

Troublesome Sets.
« on: October 31, 2009, 02:14:20 pm »
I just got 429Ø (Merchant Raider with flip-out guns), and the jib isn’t working; You’re supposed to use this clip piece they included, but it’s too long, and a pair of s-hooks, but they’re too short. I finally fixed it with a little line, thread, and a few needles but what a hassle.
I’m wondering of other troublesome sets (not ones that looked like one thing on the box, get it out put it together and it’s something else, but “troublesome”, as in difficult to assemble and poorly fitting). Hopefully, that’s the only one…

Justindo

Re: Troublesome Sets.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:04:04 pm »
I've never had problems with a Playmobil set not fitting together properly and I have quite a few sets including six different ship designs, although I don't have this ship.  I do recall a member of Playmofriends having problems putting this particular ship together and his problem may have been similar to yours.

Martin Milner

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:18:23 pm »
Hmmm, I got one of these to give to a nephew for Christmas - I hope he (well, probably his dad) doesn't have the same problem.

I haven't got one for myself yet because I hated the Fisher Price colours, though lookign again now maybe it's not so bright as I first thought.  I do like the sails on this better than any previous pirate ship.
"The game's a-klick, Watson!"

Justindo

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:43:21 am »
I too think Playmobil did a great job on the sails on this ship.  I also embrace the simpler rigging, although I know many members don't agree.  I'm not sure I like anything else about this ship, though.

Andy R

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:26:19 am »
¿So no other troublesome sets? Maybe just a freak thing… ???