Author Topic: Skirmish Pictures.  (Read 6033 times)

de Warrens

• http://justforklicks.com
Skirmish Pictures.
« on: July 03, 2005, 12:04:27 pm »
I tried a skirmish with my son , Count Nibor, recently. It was great fun. Here are some photos.:)

David

OLCESE

• The Little Playmo's Corporal
    • Paul1O
Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 02:22:12 pm »
Hello David,

Superb photographs, splendid scenes, which imagination for the scene of ambush and the combat with horse plank reality. All my congratulations with the creators.
Paul
----------------------------------------
The little Playmo's Corporal
Honorary president of GenerationS PlaymO

Richard

• Administrator
  • Florida FLL, USVI STT, VIBC YWH
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 05:01:32 pm »
Quote from: de Warrens
I tried a skirmish with my son , Count Nibor ...

Did you and the "Count" throw dice or did you use that "Big Bertha" mortar to "destroy" your opponent?

Personally, I still enjoy firing the guns at my opponents, rather than trusting the future of my armies to a roll of the dice. However, I know that many wargamers cringe at the thought of having actual projectiles knocking their favourite troops about ... :)

Great fotos, David! Do you have more fotos to share with us?

All the best,
Richard

cheng

bicornes & canteen straps
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 03:48:15 am »
Hey David!

i like the "Unlimbering the gun.jpg" very much...any more shots/settings?

you had so many of those 'old' pirate bicornes?!

do you 'borrow' them when you come up with new customs...surely you'll run out of them..unless they are still available from german DS! are they more 'accurate' (for wearing cross-wise) than the 'newer' bicorne(worn pointing front to back)?

where did the sergent stripe come from? :)

and hey..its a great idea to use those blue canteen straps to hold those bayonets...why didnt i think of that!? THANKS!!!!! i'l be ordering a lot of those straps! (pity they dont come in brown or at least black)

last question...are they suposed to be representative of any nationality/army? and fighting the dutch or prussians?

de Warrens

• http://justforklicks.com
Re: Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:15:53 pm »
Quote from: Richard

Did you and the "Count" throw dice or did you use that "Big Bertha" mortar to "destroy" your opponent?

Personally, I still enjoy firing the guns at my opponents, rather than trusting the future of my armies to a roll of the dice. However, I know that many wargamers cringe at the thought of having actual projectiles knocking their favourite troops about ... :)

Hi Richard,

Baron Schlaumeier did fire the mortar with great effect, as you can see in the ploto! The " Count" learnt very quickly to spread his men out  :wink:

Apart from that a dice was rolled.
 I do agree, firing with live ammunition is far more satisfying... especially if the enemy hasn`t got any artillary. :lol:  

Hi Cheng,
            Sorry I couldn`t find any more  `unlimbering´shots..

I have a tin full of assorted hats, so there was no problem there . :) This type of bicorne is nearer to the hats worn by the `other ranks` at the time. These are the `wargaming figures`I showed in another thread. Most of them no longer exist.

The sergeant stripes were courtesy of the US Cavalry. :D

The white ones represent Austrians and the others are a hodge podge of Hessen-Darmstadt and the Kingdom of Westphalen soldiers.

All the best,

David

OLCESE

• The Little Playmo's Corporal
    • Paul1O
Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 03:02:03 pm »
Hi David,

Which carnage, this bombards has really devastators effects.

This reproduction make me think so that one to name in France "the lace wars", with the troops facing and the ritual of the courtesies to know which to go to draw in first.

Extremely bloody war, and this because of the great inaccuracy of rifles with stones, which could just as easily make fire on the enemy or exploded with the figure of the gunner.

After this small Aside, still cheer for the photographs, David

Best regards
Paul
----------------------------------------
The little Playmo's Corporal
Honorary president of GenerationS PlaymO

Hadoque

Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 11:47:22 pm »
The soldier in blue in the 3rd pic looks familiar. Think i've seen him before, but with bigger ears.  :wink:
Thousand bombes and grendades!

Stéphane

• http://theilsb.club.fr/VAEVICTIS/index.htm
Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 04:29:15 pm »
Anothers great pictures David.

Stéphane

work

Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 05:43:31 pm »
:shock:
Fantastic photos¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :o

Capitan Enrique

• Global Moderator
Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 05:28:06 am »
Wonderful photos David - and as always the lighting in your images is magnificent! I am amazed.

It is cool to see people actually playing with their toys - especially, as Richard says, with "actual projectiles"! :)
Capitan Enrique
(Captain Henry)

Wealdmaster

Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 05:14:58 am »
I really like these pics also, and I am wondering what klickies were used for the Austrians?  I imagine that if I can find some bicornes like this or make some, I do have 2, I can make some French Revolutionary/Early Napoleonic stuff.  Very nice.  Every think about ways to make different caliber guns?  Like using some different barrels and painting some brass color?

Jude
Jude Becker

cooster67

• http://lemondedecooster.over-blog.com/
Skirmish Pictures.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 02:01:48 pm »
It's a plasure to see this photos, more, more, .... :D
Thank you.

cooster67