Author Topic: Farm Sets Used For Wild West  (Read 2595 times)

Outlaw

• Outlaw
    • 5 Miles to Deadwood
Farm Sets Used For Wild West
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:24:06 pm »
Do any of you western / Civil War fans use farm sets to expand your collection.  Any sets that look particularly good in western towns?

I recently purchased a Target exclusive, 5766 Cowboy Roundup that makes a great Western addition.  I'm wondering if any of you have done the same.

Share your thoughts.
“The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

Flash

Re: Farm Sets Used For Wild West
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:51:10 am »
that set is not available in germany unfortunately, although i do prefer the longhorns i appreciate the details and even the new cows  :D
however there r a few sets that will provide u with at least parts u can use for ur western collection.
many farm sets have parts that can be converted to the western theme, also some specials, like the dad and barbeque set... also the ds still offers some good western theme sets ! ;D
I left my love a letter in the hollar of a tree.
I told her she would find me in the U.S. Cavalry.
High, yo, down they go, there's no such word as can't.
We'll ride clean down to hell and back for Ulysses Simpson Grant.

GaiusIulius

• strength and honor
    • http://www.team-sf.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:01:48 am »
many farm sets have parts that can be converted to the western theme, also some specials, like the dad and barbeque set...

convert this into a Western theme  ??? We gonna have a cowboy in july this year as special. Apart from that I think its difficult to take farm sets as Western sets maybe u could post a picture so that I can imagine better what u mean. I got a farm set as well, I gonna check this out this morning  :)

Outlaw

• Outlaw
    • 5 Miles to Deadwood
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 03:31:21 pm »
Here's an image of 5766, Cowboy Roundup.  This set is a Target exclusive that sells for $9.99 in the US.  It is considered a farm set.

As Flash has indicated, I agree that some of the Farm theme sets have parts that work with the western theme.

Another set right on the top of my head is 3246 Horse-Drawn Cart.  I think it has a real western look to it.

Have any of you used farm buildings or parts of farm buildings to build western buildings?
“The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

Flash

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:28:16 am by Flash »
I left my love a letter in the hollar of a tree.
I told her she would find me in the U.S. Cavalry.
High, yo, down they go, there's no such word as can't.
We'll ride clean down to hell and back for Ulysses Simpson Grant.

GaiusIulius

• strength and honor
    • http://www.team-sf.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 07:20:51 pm »
ok u two convinced me  :D