Author Topic: Custom Knight & Samurai  (Read 2484 times)

Knightmo

• JimEffect
Custom Knight & Samurai
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:02:48 pm »
Hi,

Here is my Avian Knight and "plain clothes" samurai. I will eventually try to make an armored samurai. Hopefully as good as Chengs:)

cheng

Re: Custom Knight & Samurai
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:56:27 am »
hey!!
your samurai....excellent use of that bow(ribbon) and white(you repainted it?) standing-type-of-collar

is his shirt(with the overlapping 'lapels' original?
i was going to fashion one of those high/stiff shouldered vests and add round logos but stopped short because i need to get a katana to complete him...

i did think about his clogs....but for now its against my rules to spray white socks and add a straw flip-flop type of sandles for them

all said, i think your custom is more awesome than mine as i didnt have to do much except for their headwears

I-CHI-BAN Knightmo-san!!

Knightmo

• JimEffect
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:06:22 pm »
 Thanks Cheng :),

Yes, his belt is a combination of a hat band bow, the back of a head band and a standard sword belt--painted white. His katana is made from two kinds of knight swords. The high collar was easier to make than the more traditional criss-cross undershirt, similar to the outershirt.

I only have one katana and I didn't want to mess with it. The sword holder that hangs low at the figures side might be a good idea for the official Playmo katana. Actually, that has been done by someone else. I don't remember who, exactly.

I could have gone crazy with more authentic sandals and such, but I like things to look Playmo made as much as possible.

cheng

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:48:40 am »
...The sword holder that hangs low at the figures side might be a good idea for the official Playmo katana.....
I could have gone crazy with more authentic sandals and such, but I like things to look Playmo made as much as possible.

is the original PM katana too long to tuck into their waist belt? what a pity.
yours is of course more accurate...they dont sling their katanas like european cavaliers do

yes, i only resort to non-PM items when i'm totally desperate and later when when i can get a PM part, i will replace the 'foreign' part. i dont use paper or cardboard...they must be plastic...my own rules again.

i like your(his) eyes  ;D but if you had used those stickers as his thick eyebrows, i think he will look great too...what do you think?

you have inspired me to try yo make one like yours but my glues are not good enough to hold these soft PM plastic parts(especially the katana....impossible to attach a cut off hilt to a cut off blade.....what did you use?   :)

Knightmo

• JimEffect
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:36:21 pm »
Well, the Playmo katana slides in the belt well enough, but the hand guard sits way above the belt and the pommel comes up to his chin which looks silly (to me).

Bushy eyebrows is kind of the look I was going for. They could pass as just the eyes, just bushy eyebrows or a simplified combination :)

The brand of glue I used for the sword is generic. It is a super cheapy brand. I think "Loctite" brand superglue is the best. It's what my dad uses for his custom stuff.

You can find parts among existing Playmobil for all kinds of things. One of the things it occured to me to use for sandal straps on sandals was a mustache from a full beard ;D

---Upgraded my samurai a bit. Decided to try eyes seperate from bushy eyebrows. Can't decide which I like better.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:53:36 am by Knightmo »