Author Topic: Port Town--Pirates  (Read 2911 times)

El Jinete

Port Town--Pirates
« on: November 28, 2005, 03:49:25 am »
This is part of a pirate town that I built a while back.  The structure is made mainly out of foam (corchon) and foam board or foam card, then painted...

The layout is as follows... In the front are the boat docks, measured so that a Playmobil pirate ship can dock and unload perfectly. Later, there are two store houses just above the docks.  Deeper into the town square are the clock tower and the other building, the open one with the arches, would serve as part of a market.  To the left of everything, are part of the ramparts, with a tower, and ports cut out for cannons.  The wall is opened on one end to connect to more (unmade) walls and possibly a fort...   There is a system of caves in the back, for hiding treasure, etc., but, I unfortunately haven't been able to track down those photos...

El Jinete

Port Town--Pirates
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:55:55 am »
More photos...

1.  The ramparts as seen by approaching vessels...

2. In this photo, you can see where the ramparts are to be added to...

3. Angle view of the town square.

cheng

Port Town--Pirates
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 07:56:40 am »
very good constructions El Jinete!
(including your pirate hideout)

...its very nice of you to share your creations with us...i am sure there will be some members who will like to do likewise and have more hours of fun with their PM! (instead of buying more and more playmobil!)

(i have my own silly rules...i cant use other materials like cardboard, clay, putty, milliput nor use hand-painting....so i have only 2 'constructions'...a fire truck & trailer and a pirate ship, both from Lego...so they are nothing to show here...i also used a smack-down(wrestling) stage and a house from slovanian families)

keep going!

Flash

Port Town--Pirates
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 02:51:30 pm »
wonderful town square el jinet, i hope there is more to come (a whole Caribbean town! :D) keep it up wonderful work!
I left my love a letter in the hollar of a tree.
I told her she would find me in the U.S. Cavalry.
High, yo, down they go, there's no such word as can't.
We'll ride clean down to hell and back for Ulysses Simpson Grant.