Author Topic: 95th Rifles - Sergeant Charles Edward Blake  (Read 30937 times)

Arizzo

Re: 95th Rifles - Sergeant Charles Edward Blake
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 02:49:18 pm »
 :)
Cheers
Arizzo

In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool (Lord Chesterfield)

Arizzo

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 02:49:57 pm »
Cheers
Arizzo

In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool (Lord Chesterfield)

Arizzo

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 02:50:45 pm »
9) The powder horn

As the item I used for the powder horn was unique (at least to my possessions) I unfortunately cannot deliver any pics for this part of the process.

the item was definitely no playmobil original item but must have been the horn of a cow or sth. similar from a different toy, made of plastic with a fine ivory colour.

what I did was: I added milliput at both ends of the horn and shaped it to form the end of the powderhorn and the tip of the powderhorn. then I added a small ball as a closing to the tip of the horn.

after the milliput has hardened I sanded the milliput parts and painted them with gold colour.

I then took the gift-cord and wrapped it around the upper and lower part of the horn, glueing the cord together (not glueing the cord to the horn). the glued parts of the cord where then concealed with a small strip of black fabric tape.

and that already was the whole story
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:01:43 pm by Arizzo »
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 02:51:49 pm »
10) The shako

you remove the print of an ordinary shako of a redcoat with a rubber.

you form a small ball of milliput (diameter approx. 3 mm) and attach the ball at the shako right below the plume/pompon. make a small dent into the middle of the ball (using the dull end of a brush).

you then shape the ball by using a cutting or modelling knife, making 8 kerfs: top, bottom, right, left and inbetween all these kerfs. these kerfs have the length of the now cockade, lasting from the middle of the cockade to the edge. at last you add 8 very fine and short kerfs at the outer parts of the cockade inbetween the long kerfs.

after the milliput has hardened you drill a hole (0,8 mm) into the center of the cockade. then you paint the cockade with black colour and glue the (shortened) decoration needle into the hole. then you paint the post horn onto the shako (silver colour).

on a different and old shako you paint the plume with dark green colour and attach it after it has dried to the shako.
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 02:52:42 pm »
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 02:53:58 pm »
11) The rifle

Unfortunately there is no rifle made by playmobil resembling to the shape of a Baker-Carbine. Therefore I used the very normal carbine of playmobil. You may converse the pirate-rifle (a blunderbuzz) into the shape of a baker-carbine by adding length to the gun barrel, but I decided that this was just too much. (note: David used a blunderbuzz for his 95ers, but did not add length to the gun barrel)

the carbine was just painted: the gun barrel, lock and trigger with ‘chainmail’ colour, a dark silver tone, the ignition lock with ‘boltgun metal’, a more iron tone, an the butt with gold colour in the pattern the baker-carbines were studded/decorated.
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 02:59:37 pm »
12) Assembling the figure and finish

the figure is assembled as usual

the two buttons on the belt are painted with gold colour.

now the rifle into the hand and another trooper of the 95th rifles is in service ...

Sergeant Blake welcomes rifleman Jason Montgomery ... ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 03:05:41 pm by Arizzo »
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
... and rifleman Quinton Hoover ;)
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:50 pm »
the regiment so far ...
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 03:02:55 pm »
Rifleman Quinton Hoover
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 03:04:48 pm »
Rifleman Jason Montgomery
Cheers
Arizzo

Arizzo

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2007, 03:15:57 pm »
last but not least ;)

thanks for the kind comments  ;D

@ LeBlanc: no one is unworthy ;)

@ Dan: it wasn't my intention to put your rifleman of the 60th reg. to shame - and besides - I bet every custom is most welcomed in this forum ;)

@ cheng: I hope all your questions are answered? ;)

oh, and btw: I am not in a competition with David ;)

He has done some of the most brilliant works (concerning playmobil) I've ever seen yet

I think every customizer has his/her own style of doing things ;)
Cheers
Arizzo

Richard

• Administrator
  • Florida FLL, USVI STT, VIBC YWH
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2007, 04:10:23 pm »

Thank you, Arizzo!

I also went to the "Customize-It" site. However, your instructions in English are very clear and easy to follow.

Your customizing guide is, without a doubt, the best that I have ever seen!

Thank you again. And, I hope that this will encourage more members here at GW-PC to try to customize their figures.

All the best,
Richard

GaiusIulius

• strength and honor
    • http://www.team-sf.com
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 05:56:45 pm »
thanks for this very detailed and wonderful description Arizzo! I have to agree with Richard that this is the best and easiest way to give a deeper intruduction into the 'art' of customizing I have ever seen. A little question remains for me though. U showed very well how the amunition bag was made and how to attach it to the belt...How 'strong' is this connection. Can I still 'play' with the fgure? It is nevertheless just paper...

Arizzo

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2007, 07:09:31 pm »
U showed very well how the amunition bag was made and how to attach it to the belt...How 'strong' is this connection. Can I still 'play' with the fgure? It is nevertheless just paper...

that is a hard question, Gaius Iulius, and the answer depends on what games you play with your klickys  ;) ;D

to my opinion the connection is a strong one - but I normally do not play with my klickys, instead they are displayed in a display or in a diorama.

but - however - the milliput won't break, it is rock hard - and if the 'belt' from the bag (which connects the bag to the original belt) should ever break, it is very easy to build a new one

besides - once the belt is attached at the klicky, the bag can no longer be easily moved, because the belt is very tight at the klicky - so as long as you do not pull the bag very hard, it should not break. but you are right - it is justpaper. but it is double paper + a thin layer of glue + thin layers of colour - quite firm and robust - but certainly not unbreakable

but - honestly - I have no experience with this  ;)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:21:31 pm by Arizzo »
Cheers
Arizzo